TradeCoast Central has a long term commitment to environmental sustainability.
The scale of the TradeCoast Central development affords the opportunity to identify, assess and integrate best practice for social, economic and environmental outcomes into the planning, design and construction of the total development while minimising the impact on the environment.
TradeCoast Central has become the benchmark for Ecologically Sustainable Development (ESD) and has established itself as the signature environmentally sustainable development.
TradeCoast Central accommodates a range of environmental initiatives, capitalising on state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies consistent with the principles of ESD to further enhance the image of Brisbane and meet the eight strategic directions of Council’s Living in Brisbane 2010 – clean and green; accessible; designed for subtropical living; smart and prosperous; creative; inclusive; active and healthy; a regional leader and a world city.
• Energy and water efficient design
• Eco-efficient construction materials
• Water sensitive urban design
• Site landscaping and revegetation
• Waste management and efficiency
• Recycling strategy to maximise reuse of materials
• Monitoring and implementation.